June 2012

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Belly; Like Father, Like Son; More Reedisms

This is a combination of a few posts....so bear with me :)

** Reed and I play at our community park quite often and I am always snapping pictures (well, when I remember). I thought that these ones were particularly cute. Those baby blues just get me every time!




Note: This onsie is actually from Finland. A girl in one of my past wards served her mission there and bought the onsie on her mission. Apparently, this brand (whatever it is called) is super hip in Finland!

** I teach piano lessons a couple of times per week out of my apartment. It actually has been really fun and just something for me to look forward to throughout the week. Reed is normally really well-behaved during the lessons (thankfully) or he is napping. I have recently figured out why he is so well-behaved (observe below):


Yes, he finds the stickers and places them all over his forehead! I think one of my student's did it to him once. Now, he is always finding the stickers and putting them on his forehead :) Funny kid!

**I have been a little nervous at what Reed will do when the baby is born. He will still only be 22 months or so. I decided to start letting Reed "practice" being a big brother with a porcelain doll of mine. We call her Baby. Reed has done remarkably well, considering. He holds her, gives her kisses, calls her "bee bee", gives her loves, and even looks for her hands and feet. On occasion I do find him dragging her around the house and one time he sat on her belly (which is nice and squishy, not porcelain), but I think he is shaping up to be a great big brother! He even lets Baby nap in his crib!



**One strange thing that I have noticed about Reed's teeth: he has all but one on the bottom, not the very middle tooth, but the tooth next to the middle one! How weird is that?! Actually, I can finally see that it is starting to come in, but still has not broken the skin. Weird - he got his first set of molars before this tooth! Go figure.....to see what I am talking about, check out Reed's smile in the following photo.

If you are looking at the picture, it is the tooth on left-hand side.

**Tyson and I realized that we haven't really taken any belly pictures this time around, probably because I am usually the one taking the pictures. It is hard to take one of my own belly. For those who care, here are some belly shots taken on October 9, 2009 - 27 weeks.



**I have noticed that Reed LOVES to do whatever Tyson is doing, it doesn't really matter what it is. For example, on Saturday, Tyson decided that he needed to snack on some ramen noodles (he still likes to relive his bachelor days of glory with this food item). Tyson makes the ramen, puts it in a bowl, puts the bowl on a plate (so it doesn't burn his legs), and watches some TV until he is done with his snack. Every time Reed sees this (usually on Saturdays) he asks for a bowl and a fork (because daddy eats the noodles with a fork), has to sit down right next to Tyson on the floor, and proceeds to stare at the TV exactly like daddy.

Reed, for those of you who don't know, is NOT a TV watcher. He will only sit to watch one movie and that is the alphabet movie that Grandma Walker gave him for Christmas. Anything else and he turns the TV off and does something else, EXCEPT when Tyson is eating ramen on the floor. So, I caught them on camera doing just this :)

Another one is if Tyson is having cereal, Reed HAS to have cereal in a bowl, even if he doesn't want to eat it. He just likes to be like daddy. (They also breathe the same when they sleep...yeah, weird that I know that)Little boys really do like to be like their daddies.


4 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

love the daddy stuff, beckham was my my imitate daddy the most, the younger two like to do what beckham does, its funny :) My boys teeth are totally weird too, they get their molars right after they have their four front top teeth and then the rest fill in slowly . . . Gavin has his two front lower teeth, four uppers and four molars, so weird :)

Elisha Jones said...

Thanks for the cute updates! Harrison loves his daddy, too:) Always loving on him and trying to get at him in any way. And, no, it's not weird you know how they sleep, because you're close to both of them. Thanks for the tummy pic! How cute are you! I love Reed - he's so much fun:)

Brianna said...

Congratulations, Jenna! I didn't know you were expecting again. Do you know what it is?

shiloh said...

Those pictures are so cute. You're looking great with your pregnancy, and I love the one of Reed being just like his Dad.