June 2012

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Moving, Bubbles, and More

The rest of September was pretty eventful for us. The biggest thing that happened was the last Saturday of the month we moved apartments! Yes, we upgraded (sort of) from a 1-bedroom with a den (glorifies closet) to a 2-bedroom. We literally moved 2 apartments over, turning out to be the next building over as well. So, I did feel a little weird packing all our books and things when I knew it was about 20 steps to our next apartments and no stairs up or down to get there. But, it did make the move much easier for the lifters! Thanks to all who helped move and clean! I could not have done the cleaning without you!

We are all moved in to our new place (besides one box that Tyson is supposed to go through, hint, hint), and I must say it was the easiest move we have done since being married! True, our other moves were to storage units and across the country, so they have been not the easiest to begin with. But, it was nice to get everything moved, cleaned, and all big things arranged in less than a day. Our new apartment is actually better than I thought it would be. I was not super excited at the beginning because it is a non-renovated, meaning the washer/dryer is in the kitchen = our kitchen is super small. But, that left MUCH more closet space for us to use (thank goodness)! Plus, Reed's room has a closet and in that closet fits the crib! Woo woo! Baby and Reed will sort of be sleeping in the same room, but she will get her time sleeping in a closet as well :) I wouldn't want it any other way :)

I am struggling right now because we have a bed for Reed besides his crib (well, on loan from Kristy), but I am nervous to move him into it since he is so young. I am afraid 1. he will not go to bed and 2. he will fall out of bed. I know that falling out of bed is not the worst thing ever, but I think I might go and get one of those railings that fit on normal-sized beds. For anyone out there that has moved a child under the age of 2 into a big bed, how did the transition go? What worked and what did not work? I am just going to have to do it one night and be prepared for not much sleep, but I am just apprehensive. However, I do want Reed to be successfully sleeping in his new bed BEFORE the baby arrives. So, we should do it quick.

The pictures are just fun things we did in September. If you need explanations, look below the pictures :) Enjoy!
Reed is now learning/saying lots of new words, one of which is BUBBLES! Yes, bubbles are some of his favorite things to play with.....can't blame him...I still love bubbles!



More bubbles (oh, yes, Reed does sleep in an over-sized shirt until it gets too cold)

Falls Church had an activity in the park called "A Taste of Falls Church" and we decided to go, not realizing that you would have to pay for almost everything. Now I can see why we didn't get to go on some rides....they are so expensive! Anyways, we did get some food there and sat on the grass. Reed's favorite parts were watching the people play tennis on the tennis courts and backing up against the wall in this picture! Go figure....

I forgot to mention that daddy had to go with Reed to touch the wall and back up against it :)

How cute, is that?! Too cute :)

Reed is a great lunch-eater......usually

He always has a cheesy grin....

But, the one thing that really makes me laugh and leaves me confused is how he eats his carrots. He prefers to have a bag of carrots to himself. He then takes each carrot out, take one of two bites out of it, then puts it on his tray, until his tray is filled with partially-eaten carrots. Good thing is, the next day, he will eat the same partially-eaten carrots. So, he eats most of the carrot :)



Bubbles!!!!

4 comments:

Shelise said...

I moved Hudson into his toddler bed before Cannon was born. He was He was just under 20 months. Since the baby wasn't born yet we still had the crib available if we needed to put him back in it.

So... since he was SO excited about it we put him in and told him that if he got off of the bed he would have to go back into the crib. He didn't try once. He did so good. Maybe he's the exception but it worked for us. About two weeks later for his nap he kept coming out so after a few times I told him, "okay Hudson if you come out again you'll go in your crib for your nap." He did and into the crib he went. But after that he never tried again.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be to be consistent and stick to whatever you decide to do.

mama donk aubri jo said...

agreed with shelise, be consistent . . . that is the hardest part. I put both my boys in big boy beds around 20 months, and they were big big boy beds, since we had them and I didn't want to waste money on the transition toddler bed. Beckham was the hardest and I did have a couple months where I was huge pregnant kneeling by his bed singing him songs until he relaxed or slept. But I made the mistake of letting him sleep with me until he was 1 as well. There were several nights he fell asleep on the floor in front of his door as well, but he stayed in his room, but we never gave in and he eventually got it. Cohen was easy, he was used to being put to bed and falling asleep on his own, I honestly don't remember ever having a problem. I am about to start the transition with Gavin as well and have tried a couple nap times with no success, but he is not even 18 months yet, so good luck. If he is good with routine, I am sure he will do well, especially if he falls asleep on his own already. AS for the falling off, get a rail it will make you feel better, they also have these net things that might cost less but work just as well. I just used pillows, I am cheap. Cohen is my mover and still falls off on occasion and only once did he roll under the bed and freak me and himself out, as far I can tell no damage, just lost sleep :)

Elisha Jones said...

Too much fun! Glad the move went well and you like the place better than you thought. Reed's getting so big, but still so cute and handsome!

Chris and Mel said...

i'm so happy you guys got to move- been waiting that out, huh! and you look too cute with your little belly, and reed is so huge now! miss you guys...