June 2012

Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 26th!

Happy 26th Birthday to my fabulous husband, Tyson! Ok, so it was on the 5th of July, but at least I am getting some pictures up in the month of July, right?! I think Tyson is still in shock that he is 26 - apparently he thought he might not ever be that old :) But, it was a great day!

We went to church and I participated in my new calling which is chorister in primary! I was a little nervous, but more than anything, excited! The kids are really great and I love music! So, hopefully, we can have a good time together - oh any ideas for singing time are always welcome!

When we came back we immediately started our part of the dinner - ribs and Nauvoo potato casserole (aka funeral potatoes). I had made the cake before church, but still had the frosting to do. 4 hours later, everything was done and the guests were arriving - Ryan, Barb, my mom, my dad, and Sasha.

Before dinner, Tyson 'opened' his presents (they were not wrapped, so I guess he could not really open them). Reed and I got him an itunes gift card with the restriction that $10 were to buy the new Dave Matthews cd. I was going to buy the actual cd, but it was cheaper on itunes, so I thought the card would be a good idea, so Tyson could get some other music he keeps talking about downloading. Tyson also got a new pillow. His old pillow was simply pathetic! It was so flat it was almost as if he did not have a pillow. So, I bought this cool therapedic pillow that is designed for side sleepers, which we both are! It even has a 5-year warranty! I did not even know pillows had warranties! It works great and I may steal it soon :) Tyson also got "When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions." If you know Tyson at all you know that he LOVES space and astronauts and NASA. This gift was so fitting! He was super excited about it! So, I think I did a pretty good job this year!

The dinner turned out fabulous! My mom brought a salad and we had almost the exact amount of ribs for everyone who came - just enough for Tyson to have leftovers for one day at work! The potatoes were completely wiped clean, not super surprising since they are super fatty and delicious! Then, it was time for dessert! We had leftover ice cream from the 4th and had birthday cake! I actually put 26 candles around the cake...man, that's a lot! You are officially an old man Tys (I guess that makes me old as well since I am 10 months older than him....aaaahhhh!) He had some helpers (Sasha and Reed) in blowing out his candles. I think he even did it in one shot - power lungs! All-in-all it was a great day!

Happy birthday Tys! I love you, even if you are an old man!


We are currently almost done watching the series


The pillow....it's the one on the bottom since it's for a king bed :) Those pillows are super huge!


The card! Yes, Dave has already been purchased :) I really like it!

The cake


The helpers...

Good job Tys!

5 comments:

Devin said...

Hey Janae~ yeah, should definitely exchange ideas for singing time. I was recently called to chorister too, for the jr. primary! It's scary but a LOAD of fun! I found, with my kids, doing hand motions (like you do with "The wise man and foolish man" has been a ton of fun. They learned quickly with it too.

PriceFamily said...

my girls LOVE the 'roll your hands' song. not sure what its called though. i'll have to find out what the CD Connie listens to on the way to church but it has the cutest songs on it. they (of course) are not technical primary songs but they are fun! my girls LOVE them.

I'm so sad that you guys aren't down here to see my new house! When will you guys be down next?

Chris and Mel said...

ya- 26 is just old tyson! i am sad we don't get to be a part of primary there to enjoy the janae singing time...

Megan said...

I'm the primary chorister too! I love it! The kids are so fun and who doesn't love to sing? I agree with your other friend hand actions or any kind of physical activity with the kids works great! Games are great too! We are going to be using scarves today in my class. It can get a little crazy, but sometimes is just what they need to relate to the song. If you haven't been there already, there are always lots of ideas on Sugardoodle.net That site saves my bacon almost every week!

mama donk aubri jo said...

happy oldness tys! so, what brand is the pillow, I want one :)