June 2012

Monday, November 10, 2008

Lincoln and the Army Crawl

Last week some friends from my old job in Provo came into town! They have a Floortime Conference in McLean, VA every year since this is where the therapy was created. We went to lunch and caught up on what was going on at the school! It was great! I miss those kids so much - they are truly amazing spirits. I am actually thinking of doing some home therapy with a few kids to try and keep up on my skills and do something that I love. Who knows! I still have to figure some things out.

On Friday night, Tyson and I decided that Reed needed to see the Lincoln Memorial (well, it was more for us because Reed slept the entire time we were there)! I am still amazed by the Lincoln every time I go there. While we were looking for an elevator to take the stroller up, we stumbled upon a little room that we did not know existed. It talked all about the history or building the memorial and even talked about how other countries honored President Lincoln by putting him on their currency! I thought that was really amazing. This man changed so much. I often wondered if he knew the magnitude of what he would accomplish. I bet it was just what he believed - but at the same time, I wonder if he knew what an effect this would have on the rest of U.S. history. We saw a bunch of photos of the Lincoln Memorial and all of the historical events that have taken place there. There were so many civil rights rallies there and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke there. It was seriously moving! Anyways, I loved it yet again! Another favorite part is the view of the Washington Memorial from the Lincoln. I just love how they put the reflecting pool there and when you take a picture, it almost looks like a huge spear-like thing. It was great!

Also, I have added a video or Reed doing the full-on army crawl! Enjoy it!




The view from the Lincoln Memorial!

Proof that Reed was there :)

More gorgeous fall leaves!

My CHA friends: Rebecca and Stephanie!


Reed doing his army crawl - just too funny!

1 comment:

The Black Widow said...

Perhaps it is the US History that has inspired Reed's army crawl... he is doing it to honor our troops.