June 2012

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Elephant and the Turkey!

Today we had another fun play group! It was a Thanksgiving theme (very fitting). We, the moms, all ate soup, breads, and salads and had a fabulous time! The host even provided a fun activity for the kids to do - make a turkey hat! Well, I definitely could not pass up this opportunity! I made a little hat for Reed and he loved it! He kept it on for over an hour! So, of course, I had to take some pictures of the cutest turkey ever! His feathers are kind of floppy, but it is just so cute!

Included in the pictures is one of when my brother, Michael, came into town (well, Maryland). We all went to dinner and it was great to see him! We wish we could see him more often :)

I am the cutest turkey ever!

Where is Reed hiding?

Out to dinner with Michael and my parents


Reed's favorite thing is his little toy elephant. Every time he sees it he giggles and crawls super fast to go and get it! He is filled with so much joy when he plays with his elephant. It also helps him when he is in new situations. Reed gets a little shell-shocked when he is in a new group of people and everything is really loud (hmmm....wonder where he gets that from?! :) ....Tyson). So, the other day, I got a video of him finding his elephant. It's a good one. There was a point when I thought Tyson was going to win over the elephant, but no such luck. Reed turns around and finds the elephant more appealing :) Sorry, Tys! Vance, watch this one a lot because cousin Reed is definitely going to bring his elephant at Christmas! You guys can play with it together! P.S. I don't know where he got his high scream from either. But, it shows his pure joy in his elephant!

9 comments:

heather said...

Love Reed's hat! HE is too cute!

mama donk aubri jo said...

so cute! he is getting so big. i alwats want my kids to love something like his elephant and i never can convince them :) they just like to chew on everything instead :)

The Black Widow said...

Elephants are my favorite animal too! I tried to bring home a baby elephant from Thailand, but he got held up at customs. Reed and I have so much in common!

Kimber said...

I am glad to see that my son is not the only one with a high pitch scream! Vance of course wanted to watch the video over and over!! We are excited to see Reed!

Chris and Mel said...

hey cute little fam- i saw ya on audrey's blog, so i had to come visit! i love the video of reed and the elephant- hilariously cute...

Anonymous said...

So cute that he loves his elaphant! Looks like you had fun with your fam. I totally miss you guys:)

kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristen said...

Sorry for the deleted comments...I must need some more sleep because I can not type today! Anyway, Reed is adorable and it was fun watching his cute little crawl. We hope to get a chance to see you guys at Christmas!