June 2012

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Leaves and the Zoo are so much fun!

The other day, Reed and I were playing outside in the leaves and it was so much fun! It was a little funny because Reed liked playing sitting up, but DID NOT want to be on his back laying on the leaves. I guess they were too poky! Anyways, I got some great pictures of him. That same day, we got a package in the mail from Grandma Walker! We were expecting his ties (He is famous at church for being the baby with the cool ties), but not the other fun stuff! Reed got all sorts of snacks, some swim shorts, a beanie, gloves, and two ties (Autumn and Christmas themes). He also got a note from his cousin, Vance - who is missing Reed and wanting to play with him! How nice to know that you are missed :) So, thank you to all who contributed to the package! Reed thoroughly enjoys all of his stuff! We have not found a jacuzzi to sit in, but he has already used his beanie and gloves! Thanks Grandma!

Yesterday, a group of girls from my ward and I decided to go to the National Zoo. I have learned my lesson about going to the zoo: always go in the morning. It was so much more fun! All the animals were awake and playing. We even got to see the elephant take a bath and be weighed! The tiger was playing with the leaves, the lions were playing with the water, the hippos were swimming, and we even saw a demonstration about the seals (big, huge seals)! We even saw all types of bears awake! It was by far, the best zoo experience because the animals were awake! So, my lesson is learned and I will try to go to the zoo in the morning from now on!





I love my new ties!!! Thanks Grandma!

Oh, and these Gerber puffs taste so good (well, the can tastes good, so I am assuming what's inside tastes good, too!) :)

This is my favorite picture that I took. I just love those blue eyes! They are fierce :)

Ooooh - leaves!!!

I just saw something in the sky :)

How do I get this leaf off my ear?

Part of the McLean II play group! Yeah for moms!

Reed liked the animals, but wasn't too happy when I made him put on his gloves.


The seals were showing some of the skills they learned and how they had been trained to blow through cones and get ready for medical procedures!



The lions taking a break after playing in the water for a while.

This tiger is 14 years old and has had three litters! She looks amazing!

The elephant, post bath!

4 comments:

The Black Widow said...

I am glad to see Reed is enjoying his package! I guess if there isn't a hot tub in DC to sit in, you better get back to Vegas where we can make good use of swim suits all year long!

Jenny said...

Wow, my first time checking out your blog and there's a picture of me! :) I love that picture of Reed in the leaves with his big blue eyes!

heather said...

Hey Janae!
So glad that you found me. So I must say that Reed is so cute. Love his blue eyes. I just wish I could have joined ya at the zoo. That place looks awesome!

mama donk aubri jo said...

love those bluse eyes! seriously fierce, so sweet! I have heard colder months for the zoo are best too so you totally scored!