June 2012

Friday, November 7, 2008

I've decided....

I am sick and tired of being out of shape. I made the decision yesterday that I want to run in the DC half-marathon at the end of March. But, in order to do that, I need to qualify by running a 5k or 10k within a certain amount of time. I have decided to run a 5k on December 20th in DC. It cost a whole $6.33 to register online (including taxes)! So, if anyone wants to get in shape - feel free to sign up. I have been hiding behind the excuse that I just had a baby and am still nursing for too long. I wouldn't say that I am grossly overweight or anything....just not in the shape I used to be. So, I went running this morning and did some crunches! My goal is to run, at least for a little while, every day except Sundays. So, this is my call to fitness - anyone interested in running a half-marathon with me in March?! I would love a running buddy. 13.1 miles is a little daunting, but I know I can do it. Also, if anyone knows any good training websites that are free, let me know.

In other news, Reed is now doing the full army crawl (instead of one arm and one leg)...and is soooo much faster! I thought he was fast before, no way. So, he might actually crawl on hands and knees soon as well - who knows. When I get a video, I will post it!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I used a site called halfmarathonrookie.com. If that doesn't work, just google that and a free training schedule will be there. It was one that I really liked. It makes you run almost a full half marathon and you have to run for 3 months before you start the training so you better get on it. I do have to let you know not to run a marathon to loose weight. Every web site will tell you that because you don't loose weight. Since you are running so much you're body needs to compensate itself by eating more. You ARE more healthy so if that's what you are looking for, do it. I actually ended up gaining 2 pounds while training, just wanted you to be aware. If you are still nursing, you will loose weight once you stop. I lost about 8-10 more pounds once I stopped. Good luck with it all, you will love it! I totally understand how and why people get addicted to them. I will for sure do more in the future.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

hey, natalie is a big runner as well. If you go to her blog, then go to the side and click the link that says "my running blog" she is pretty good about updating her progress and how she trains for marathons. Good luck!!