June 2012

Monday, August 13, 2012

May Happenings

 We had a lot going on in May - of course, when do we not have a lot going on?! We played a lot with Grandma and Grandpa Walker, Aunt Kimber, Vance, Carter, Kade, Aunt Shauntelle, Mary, Evyn, and Isla. It's nice when you have a lot of people to play with - we definitely did not get bored.

This is basically the first half of May - I will call the pre-Hawaii part of May.

Reed was able to track some of Aria's climbing moves when he was doing a what-seems-like-routine photo shoot. I guess I still feel like Aria is super young because she is still such a skinny little thing. But, she is definitely growing up and hitting all the gross motor and fine motor skills milestones - despite being in the 5% for weight. She eats like no body's business on most days and I think she might actually have a hollow leg when she hides all her food. Here is Aria showing us her skills on pulling herself up (photos courtesy of Reed - May 7, 2012):
Hey, what's on top of that stool?

Yep, that wasn't too bad at all. 

Look at me! I am so big!

I love these stools. 

May 8, 2012 was a fun day for us for a couple of reasons: we got to go to the park at Mountain's Edge and I got to see some of my very favorite people in the world - Pat and Jen plus their 2 adorable children! Besides a brief sighting at Cafe Rio on our way back from graduation, I had not seen them since Reed was 6 months old - too long for my taste. It was awesome to be able to catch up with them, play a little bit, and catch up some more. They are still some of my favorite people - it's one of those friendship's that lasts forever - even if you go for a long time not talking. I love it!

Oh yeah, Reed and Eve had a great time as well. I think the favorite thing was the teeter totter - always a good time.

Reed with Jen hiding in the background. 

Eve sitting so nicely. 
Oh yes, and Reed took some more pictures of himself. This one was my favorite:

Silly Boy 
May 11, 2012 was a big step for Reed, he actually helped Grandma mow the lawn! He was definitely nervous when they started and didn't want to mow. But, as he saw his cousins do it, he wanted to try. Well, he did great and loved it! Now he goes every Friday to mow lawns. He would do it every day if he could. I love that he loves to work. So proud of my little super man!

Mowing Grandma's front lawn

Yes, he had to wear his Superman cape. 
May 14, 2012 - Reed found the camera yet again and took some self portraits. He is becoming quite the ham in front of the camera. Here are my 2 favorites:



No comments: