June 2012

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Watermelon and My Doll

 Apparently, Aria LOVES watermelon. April 30, 2012 we just happened to have watermelon as part of our lunch. I had given her some pieces on her tray. She quickly sucked out the juice and spit out some of the watermelon (once all the yummy watermelon flavor was gone). After a while, she decided that it would be fine to chew it instead of just sucking our the juices.

So, I thought she was done and went to go and get a cloth to clean her up (there is no keeping her clean at meal times). When I got back to the table to clean her up, this is what I saw:

Does she look happy or what?!

"Look at what I did!"

She had used one leg and one arm to push her way over to the watermelon bowl and pulled it up on her tray. She proceeded to eat every single piece of watermelon in the bowl - sometimes sucking out the juice and spitting out the rest and sometimes just eating the whole piece. There was really no keeping her clean after that. She had watermelon juice everywhere! At least she enjoys her food! You would think she was starving looking at her thin little body, but she eats more than her siblings for almost every meal!

After that, Reed and Eve wanted me to take pictures of them. They never miss an opportunity to be in a picture. They turned out pretty dang cute - I just have the cutest kids :)




So, I used to want a huge porcelain doll collection. I thought it would be a fun thing to have. I thought it seemed like a very grown-up collection to have when I was a little girl. I did end up getting 3 different porcelain dolls, but that it where the collection stopped. (I guess I technically had 4 porcelain dolls, but one was a baby that was not on a stand, the other 3 were on stands). I guess I had kind of settled with that and moved on to other things, but still wanted to keep my dolls around to give to my girls that would have someday. I loved all 3, but I definitely had a favorite doll. I loved her crinkly hair (looks like it just came out of a braid crinkly) and her piercing blue eyes. I loved her dress and just thought she was gorgeous.

Well, the 3 dolls made the trip across the country, packed nicely and I was so excited. I put them up on a shelf and after a little bit I heard a crash in my room. No one was back there, so I wondered what it was. Sadly, it was my favorite porcelain doll. Ugh, she made it all the way across the country in a box and lasted 10 minutes on the shelf!

Most of her face was in once piece, but there were some shatters. Sadly, I got the vacuum and cleaned up the mess. I took 2 pictures of her and then threw her in the trash. Good-bye my favorite doll. I know you are not that important, but I certainly liked you. I guess now I don't have to choose who to give you to. Plus, maybe I will only have 2 daughters, so they can each have one of my remaining porcelain dolls.



No comments: