June 2012

Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

September 4th is always a good day - my birthday! I can't believe that I am officially 29 years old! Time just seems to be going faster and faster - probably because my time is used much more productively now. Anyways - it was a good day!

Saturday night (3rd) Tyson, Aria, and I went out to The Cheesecake Factory! I even got a piece of key lime cheesecake! It was fabulous :) Happy Birthday to me :)

Sunday was my actual birthday. I got to sleep in (sort of - I was up during the night feeding a baby. But, Tyson let me sleep after the other kids work up). When I came out the house was picked up and there were balloons, streamers, and a happy birthday sign hung up! So cute :) I went to sacrament meeting and then came home with Aria. I do miss going to sacrament meeting on the random days when I can't make it. So, I always try to at least go to sacrament meeting fairly soon after having a baby. I always feel so much better!

My parents came over for dinner and we had fettucine alfredo (homemade sauce!) with Ceasar salad and my mom's rolls. For dessert we had homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches (they were awesome!)! Overall, a fabulous meal and one I will definitely repeat another time :)

Opening presents was funny - Reed was supposed to keep a secret about my presents since he knew what they were. So, this is what he said, "Open your presents mom! It's a movie!" But, he did not tell me which movie it was - so I guess half of the secret was kept :) He was just so excited :)

I ended up getting Enchanted and Tangled! I also got a wire drying rack for cookies and bread (a bigger one - I already have a small one) from Tyson and the kids. My parents gave me a pearl necklace and bracelet (so pretty!) and my mom is going to sew a fun apron for me. I also got 2 giftcards from Tyson's parents: one for us to go out and eat and another for me to buy some new clothes. So, my birthday was fabulous! I guess it's ok getting older as long as I am surrounded by people who love me, no matter how old I get :)

Behold, the homemade ice cream cookie sandwich (with cake my mom brought). The cake had to be added in to provided more candles for me to blow out!

Making a wish :)

Opening presents

Still opening presents

My presents :)

No comments: