June 2012

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fun with Grandma, Grandpa, and Tifani!

The weekend of Aria's baby blessing Grandma and Grandpa Walker and Aunt Tifani flew into town! We had lots of fun with them and are so glad that they could come at such a special time :)

Saturday - I actually woke up with a head ache and just didn't feel well. The day for me was not a lot of fun since I was feeling awful (we had stayed up way too late talking and then I didn't sleep well after that). We played at home in the morning and then went downtown to see the American History Museum (always one of my favorites). There were tons of events going on downtown, so parking, walking, and just everything was a bit crazy since there were thousands of people in such a small area. But, we decided to go check out the Book Day.....I can't remember the actual name. I think it was the Library of Congress' National Literacy Day or something that sounded like that. Anyways, it was pretty cool, but so crowded that I just couldn't handle it (plus I didn't feel good). We stayed for a bit, then made our way back to the car and went home.

I got dropped off to feed Aria while everyone went to get smoothies (yes, they brought me back a dairy-free smoothie). She just seemed pretty fussy to me, so that did not help my situation. My parents and brother, Justin and his family (who also made the trip to DC for the baby blessing) came over to visit for a bit before we went to dinner. Reed loved playing with his cousins and it's always nice to see everyone :) After they left, we went out to dinner at Busara (our favorite Thai restaurant we have found here). We had just gotten our food and then Aria started stirring. I took her out to the car to nurse, but she just wouldn't. I was still feeling sick and tried to get her to nurse for what seemed like forever. Finally, I just started crying and got out of the car and swayed back and forth with her in the parking lot. Tyson came out and I just told him that I wanted to go home. She ended up screaming for a while after that (in hindsight, she was probably just adjusting to my recent change in diet - eliminating dairy, but at the time I was just frustrated), but thankfully, I had lots of people to help with her. Once I had food in me, I felt SO much better. Amazing! Aria calmed down, fell asleep for a bit, then finally ate. We both went to bed earlier than usual on Saturday.

Sunday was the blessing, which was fabulous (as I have already mentioned)! We ate ham, funeral potatoes (not me, of course), salad, and cake . The kids played, the adults chatted, and we all had a good time. Justin and his family had to leave and make the drive back to CT and then my parents were off. We went downtown and saw the Lincoln memorial and the new Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial as well. Then, we headed home, read books (even the new one that Grandma gave to Reed and Eve), and the kids went to bed. We stayed up chatting and playing our new game, Pandemic (I love it!).  I felt so much better on Sunday, it was amazing - again, having food and sleep = happy me. Aria ate so much better on Sunday, I was relieved. All-in-all Sunday was a wonderful day :)

Monday we played and played! We went to the zoo and the kids loved it! Tyson got Monday off work, so everyone had so much fun together! We spent the entire morning and most of the afternoon looking at all the cool things there! The zoo is always a cool spot to see :)

Tuesday Tyson headed back to work and we went to Clemyjontri park - another fabulous park in the area! The kids had so much fun, again! That's what life is like when Grandma, Grandpa, and Tifani come to visit! We met Tyson at the mall for lunch and Reed, Eve, Grandma, and Tifani even got to ride the train! That is always a special treat! Then, they had to come back and head to the airport to go back home. Reed and Eve were sad to see them go because it really was a fabulous couple of days! They both loved playing literally ALL DAY LONG!

I forgot to mention that Tifani brought the kids these glow-in-the-dark bones pjs and they were a hit! Reed and Eve call it 'charging up' when they stand by a light to make their pjs glow. That picture will be coming. Seriously awesome! Thank you, Tifani!

I probably should go into more detail, but I am so behind on our lives, this will just have to do. So, hope you enjoy the pictures!


Shot by Reed - the flamingos

Eve watching the flamingos - shot by Reed

Clemyjontri park

Going across

Everyone joined in on the fun!

Aria sleeping - she does that well.

Reed and Eve flying grandma in the airplane

Grandpa pushing Reed and Eve on the swings

The bouncy thing

The train at the mall

No comments: