June 2012

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fun in the Leaves

One of my favorite parts about autumn time is jumping in huge piles of leaves. It all goes back to when I was a little girl living in Aurora, CO. We had a big tree in our back yard (at least I think it was big). I remember autumn days and nights of raking leaves (sometimes just kicking them) into a huge pile. Then, we would jump in it. It just brings back fond memories for me.

D.C. area definitely does not have a shortage of leaves! On a chilly November day (the 18th to be exact), the kids and I went out to jump in the leaves. Fun was definitely had by all!

First, we kicked the leaves into a pile. Then, Reed jumped right in and I put Eve on top of the leaves. Reed just laughed and laughed. He loved throwing the leaves in the air. Eve loved looking at the leaves and crawling towards the sidewalk (she is becoming quite the escape artist). All too soon it was time to go home. It was a struggle to get them to go inside for lunch because the leaves were just so much fun! I completely understand. :)

A day in the leaves = priceless :)

The little escape artist.

See what I mean? Always trying to escape. Reed, however, did a great job smiling. :)

Ready, Set....... (picture taken), Go (leave thrown)!

Playing around

I just love this one!

Eve was flapping her arms and giggling so hard!

She really likes to hold the camera (which I never let her do) and gets upset when I won't let her do it.

Posing like a good little boy.

Throwing leaves is so much fun.

No comments: