June 2012

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Silly Eve

Normally Eve as a very predictable schedule (something I like to do with my children). She takes a sort nap in the morning and a longer nap in the afternoon starting at 1 pm. August 31st started off normal, but went awfully wrong.

Eve took her morning nap just like normal. We played, ate lunch, and then she went down just perfect for her lunch nap. About 50 minutes into her nap she woke up. This is odd for Eve - she sleeps at least 2 1/2 hours, and I usually have to wake her up! So, I went in her 'room' (closet) to give her a pacifier. I gave it to her, and she quieted down for a minute. But, after about 30 seconds, she screamed and screamed. I gave her some gas drops and put my hand on her back (she sleeps on her stomach....has since she could roll) and let her know that she was ok. Then, I left again. She screamed and screamed. Well, I decided not to go back in the room - that was probably my first mistake. She screamed and screamed for the rest of the nap time.

I got her 'up' after it had been a total of 2 hours because she clearly was not going back to bed. The moment I picked her up she was all smiles. Such a silly little miss. She played on floor and was happy as a clam (are clams actually happy?).

Later that day I put her in her jumperoo so that I could make dinner. She was jumping, giggling, and have a great time. Literally all of a sudden, there was no sound coming from the jumperoo. Reed and I looked at each other and went to see what was going on. This is what we saw:


Eve totally passed out on the jumperoo.

She must have been really exhausted!

Sadly, we had to wake her up after about 20 minutes (to make sure she would fall asleep at bed time). She was a little upset, but was happy after about 20 seconds of being awake. The rest of the night went normally! Silly miss!


Bath time....

Oh and I finally took a picture of Eve in the little tutu I made. She was not the easiest to photograph!

At least we got one where she is sitting up! I know, I know, I need a little leotard or something, but naked babies are just so cute!

2 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

i am so relieved, I was not sure where that story was going and it sounded aweful at first, phew! what a cutie!

shauntelle said...

i love squishy sleepy cheeks and yes naked babies are the best.