June 2012

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa = No Fun

You would think that a little kid who loves the idea of Santa would actually love going to sit on Santa's lap and take a picture - but, no, it was not so for Reed. We talked about Santa, showed him pictures, and he kept babbling about Santa. So, I decided to head to the mall and get a picture with Santa, secretly hoping it would work, but not-so-secretly thinking it would be a total disaster. Well, it was much closer to a disaster.

Reed was fine standing in line and looking at Santa. He even did fine watching other kids take pictures with Santa. But, when it was his turn, Reed just started screaming! He would not let go of me while I had put him on Santa's chair. He just kept screaming. Then, I asked if he wanted to go bye-bye. Immediately, Reed stopped crying waved bye-bye and jumped into my arms from Santa's chair. Yeah, a little dramatic.

Needless to say, I didn't get a picture of Reed sitting with Santa (he never actually sat anyway), but I did get some fun pictures of other people's children - I am going to use them as examples next year :) Someday he will probably be excited to take a picture with Santa, right?

Side story: We took down the infant carrier the other day and Reed loved it! He climbed in, would rock himself back and forth, buckled the top buckle, and just giggled! Too bad he is too heavy and too long for it.

This was Reed's favorite picture of Santa because he knew we were leaving.

This is what I was hoping for...

I thought the decorations were so pretty.

I got more of what the kidin the middle looks like....

Reed was even fine looking at Santa from the exit...just as long as he didn't have to touch him.

The Christmas trees. I do love Christmas decorations!

1 comment:

Bloom Family said...

we're going to see how Caleb does on Santa's lap on Saturday... we'll let you know how it goes.

btw, I was looking back at your posts, and I am loving your hair!!! Hmm, makes me be more brave about cutting my hair shorter. Anyway, looks great.