June 2012

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Hats and Birthday Cookies

Before we had the tree all nice and decorated, I tried to get a few photos of Reed with the Santa hat on while standing by the Christmas tree. Well, it was a more difficult task than I had anticipated. Reed did not really want to put on the hat nor did he want to stand by the tree (with no lights on it, he liked to get behind the tree). I did get one of him just staring at me (still love the bright blue eyes) and I missed the smile and got the tail end of it....so, it looks a little weird, but at least he was smiling at one point, right? I will post the decorated Christmas soon, I promise :)

Santa hats are ok, just not the big man himself :)

Yeah, I know, it looks a little funny, but just seconds before, his smile was adorable!

We also had a little birthday bash to go to a few days later. One of Reed's friends had her 2nd birthday and we got to go and decorate cookies. It was Reed, two little girls, and a 5-week-old baby boy. They were all "loving the baby, sometimes a little too much, but still trying to be nice.

Reed enjoyed decorating the cookie, then picking off his m&ms, but he didn't really want to eat the cookie after wards - weird, I know. I think I ate my fair share of the sugar cookies (and even some of Reed's). The kids had a fun time playing and the moms had a fun time talking. I think the party was more for us than for them, but ah well! Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention - while they were decorating, the girls had their shirts off so that they would not get messy - an easy solution when your child rips off the bib. However, Reed DID NOT want to take off his and WOULD NOT keep on a bib. I guess he just likes his clothes on when they are on. That is definitely a blessing in public, but a bit hard when he needs to change his clothes. Ah well....good times with a toddler!

Reed eating m&ms with the little baby boy in the background. He kept saying, "Beebee (baby)" and wanting to bounce him.

The party crew....

More of the party.....woo woo!

1 comment:

The Black Widow said...

Reed, always modest. Sounds just like his daddy!