June 2012

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Crazy Month Gone By

I cannot believe that August has come and gone! I thought that July was crazy busy, but I was wrong. August was even crazier and busier than July! Ah well....that's just how life is, right?!

So, at the beginning of August, Tyson and I finally went miniature golfing - something we had not done until this year! You would think that since we dated in Provo, we would have gone miniature golfing at least a dozen times, but no, you would be mistaken. Actually, we went with the Young Men/Young Women at our church. Tyson teaches the 12 and 13-year-old boys. This activity was a combined one with the young women, so Tyson was supposed to attend. I do not work with the youth 12-18, but decided to go anyways since we had never been miniature golfing. It turned out to be a pretty fun evening! Some of our friends also work with the youth, so they were there and we all golfed together! I am not the best miniature golfer, but I did ok for me. Really, Tyson and I shared a club so one could watch Reed while the other golfed. We did not lose in our group, so I was happy! Plus, we got ice cream after it was all said and done :) A pretty great night if you ask me.


Taryn - an excellent golfer :)

Reed wanting to jump in the nasty water they had there. (Yes, I know he is getting super long hair. It has been cut.)

Joe - he actually got 2nd place...bravo!

The kiddos playing by the hole.

Our golfing group, plus Tyson and me. Lookin' good, Jana :)


A few days later, we were off to a Rowberry family reunion to be held on Georgetown campus. Sadly, I was a pitiful photographer during the 5-day reunion, so I only have a few pictures. But, we did take some family photos, while I will be posting on my next post (weird I don't think I have ever written post and posting in the same sentence). We sang lots of songs, all had our turns to cook, played lots of games, went to the zoo, had a talent show, went on a boat ride down the C&O canal, and even watched slide shows of pictures that my Grandma Dalling had (I had not seen very many of those, so it was really fun for me). All-in-all, it was pretty exhausting, but a lot of fun to be able to see all of my siblings and their families! During all of this, my sister, Kristy, came home from Taiwan where she served an 18-month mission for our church! I cannot believe that she is already home and that it has laready be a year and a half! Time certainly does fly! We got to go to the temple one night. It was amazing to have my entire family at the same temple at the same time! I can only imagine the joy my parents must have felt :) Well, that is a pretty rough outline of the Rowberry family reunion, but there it is.

Apparently, I only took pictures at the zoo!

Looking at the lions and tigers!

The molar of an elephant! That is how they mash their food....pretty amazing!


Elephants are always a must when visiting the zoo!


The death stare from Evyn - it can be deadly, so don't look for too long.

Alia -always ready for a picture :)


Nathan had finally given up and fallen asleep in a stroller.

Well, that covers the first 10 days in August....so I think I will stop there for today. Be on the lookout for more posts about an exciting month of August.

1 comment:

dannii said...

i just have to say that i am adoring reed's little short shorts at the golf place. so european riviera. haha.