June 2012

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy birthday to me!! and more exciting pictures

On September 4, 2009 I officially turned 27 years old! Yes, I am freaking out a bit because people are calling me mam and Mrs. Walker. Well, I guess they have been doing that for a while, but it didn't hit me that I am actually considered an adult until this birthday. I know, I am a little slow on the uptake, but I still feel 21, so being closer to 30 is a little odd. True, I have one child and another one the way, so I guess it's great that I am not as young as I tend to think I am. Anyways....

I love my birthday! For those of you who know me, you know that I love my birthday! I honestly cannot explain why I love it so much, but I just do :) Thanks for all who called :)

My birthday fell on a Friday, so Tyson still had to go to work :( I decided that Reed and I would just chill and maybe look for some new shoes. I was pretty excited when I got my gifts from my in-laws which was a gift card to Famous Footwear and some twix bars! Woo woo! Reed and I went straight there and looked around. It was the one time that I did not bring a diaper and wipes with me, and it turned out to be the time I needed them the most!! So, we trudged back home to change his diaper.

It was about lunch time by that point, and I decided to try out a place called Burrito Brothers. I did not have my hopes super high that it would be great Mexican food because I haven't found a lot of that out here. It was just ok. I guess I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to Mexican food - it really is the best in the West :) Ah well, it was still pretty good.

Reed then went down for his normal nap time and I took a little nap of my own, only to be awoken by a pounding on the front door. I was a little dazed and confused, but got up to see who it was. To my delight, it was the UPS man with some flowers for me from my sweet husband! Yahoo! That is definitely something worth being woken up from a nap for, in my book.

That evening Tyson, Reed, and I went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory! I love that place :) It was amazingly scrumptious! Then, Reed was dropped off at a friend's house and Tyson and I went to see Julie& Julia - a movie still in the theater and not from the Redbox! Yes, it was a definite splurge, but it was my birthday :) It was a really cute movie.....a little girly, but that was to be expected!

Overall, the day was grand! Tyson even 'made' me an ice cream cake (which consisted of me buying the Oreo pie crust and the ice cream, and Tyson scooping the ice cream into the tin and freezing it again). He also gave me a super soft robe, a king-sized pillow, and the Wicked soundtrack! Yahoo! Thank you, Tyson, for being so thoughtful! Oh, I musn't forget that much needed present from my parents - a new bottle of Clinique Happy! That is still my signature perfume, and has potential to be for a really long time. Thanks, mom and dad!

Sorry about the lack of pictures from my birthday....Tyson is not the best photographer...we are working on that :)

Cala lillies and roses - so beautiful!

Definitely worth being woken up for....

My cake....yeah, 27 candles on that little thing!

Reed tried to help me blow it out

Recently, Reed has beeng doing some pretty fun and exciting stuff! Check it out!

He can now say the word bubble and asks to play with the bubbles everyday! That can mean in the sink or the bubbles that you blow, just depending on my and his mood.

Playing in the sink....still.....

Reed actually took this picture of the "truck" we were watching at the playground. Reed makes a certain noise for trucks and that is the noise he made for this vehicle.

Reed - mesmerized by the digging by the playground

I couldn't get him to smile, but this is Reed's suit....I love little boys in suits!

Reed learned how to climb into our entertainment unit...oh goodie for me....but it was hilarious at the time!

These are some of the glasses I got in NY and Reed loves to model them for me! He looks good in fake D&G!

I thought he would cry after taking off his shoes at the playground and walking on the wood chips, but he didn't. He actually thoroughly enjoyed it!

Don't hate me because I am beautiful!

6 comments:

heather said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you got a good day.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

Happy Birthday!! I just love my birthday too. It's the one day you can do whatever you want and get away with it!

Megan said...

Did you get my card? Probably not because I forgot to send it. Well, happy birthday Janae, only 11 days late, not bad if I do say so myself. Love, Justin

Chris and Mel said...

oh goodness- you and bradly were destined to be friends- gotta love a party! pretty sure that i don't wanna be woken up from my nap, even for flowers :) happy day, miss you lots!

Holly said...

I know exactly what you mean about turning 27! I remember driving down the street and thinking dang I am so old. When 25 and 26 hit it was no big deal. 27 was hard to swallow. Now I have 3 months and it's 28. I'm not sure that 28 will be as hard as 27 was.

dannii said...

oh man, i can't believe i missed the celebration of the year! little janae all grown up. hahaha. it's funny how 27 seems so much older than 26. you're the greatest! glad you were born!