June 2012

Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!!

So, if you know me at all, you know that I love birthdays, especially my own!!!! I think it all started when I was a little girl and had a huge sleep over! My mom told me that I could invite 16 girls, but I took that to mean that I could have 16 girls at my house. So, if one friend said she couldn't come, I would invite another, until all 16 slots were filled! This was the year that I turned 10 and was in 5th grade. So, if you can imagine 17 young girls running around one house, I can see why my mom never did that again! But, it was super fun and it was one of my most memorable birthdays! This one was a bit quieter, but still good. I got to share my 26th birthday (I am getting so old) on September 4th with my husband, baby boy, and my parents. In the morning, I opened some of my presents. I actually spread out the present-opening fun all day! It's just more fun that way :) Reed even helped me open some presents! I also got a call from Tyson's parents, sister, and her son. They even sang happy birthday to me on the phone. Then, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with my parents...yummy! Then, Tyson and I headed off to the Zoo and saw some amazing stuff! Reed was so tired by then that he even fell asleep in his stroller, which does not happen very often. Then, we made pizza for dinner, I got to blow out my birthday candles and we ate cake and ice cream! I did want to go swimming, but the pool closes on Memorial Day and my birthday was the day after this year....ah nuts! But, it was such a fun birthday! Oh, one of my favorite parts was when we were in Cheesecake Factory and my parents and Tyson told them it was my birthday. They asked how to spell my name and my parents even spelled it out for them, but this is what my plate said...Happy Birthday Janel....close, but no cigar. I had to take a picture....so, enjoy that one for me! All in all, a good one. Who knows what the next year will bring us! Amazing how time goes by so quickly!


Just made me laugh :)


Blowing out the candles! 26....I can't believe it!

A sleepy, sleepy Reed...so precious!

Us at the Zoo!

Cheesecake Factory...sooooo good

Reed is just so funny....

Thanks for the help, Reed...I don't think I could have opened it without you!

Me and my various presents :) Thank you Tyson....you did so good!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What, you like your birthday! I never would have known. I will never forget you telling everyone on the mission that your birthday was coming. We did have a good old party at Bruce's house though. Ahhh, what fun memories. Glad you had a good birthday. I actually did think about you on your birthday but I'm dumb and didn't even write an e-mail. Sorry, so happy belated.