June 2012

Sunday, March 23, 2008

David Reed Walker!!!!

We are both so tired!!!!

Reed always finds a way to get his foot out of his pajamas!

Proud and very tired parents of Reed

We get to go home baby! Yahoo!!!

First Hospital Bath

First Bath at Home

How cute is that outfit! Thanks Chelsea :)

Our little angel sleeping :)


So, I am here to proudly introduce a new addition to the Tyson and Janae Walker family! His name is David Reed Walker (we are going to call him Reed...long story that I will explain if you so desire). He arrived on March 14, 2008 at 3:54 am at Orem Community Hospital! He was born a week early and here is the rundown of how it all happened. On Wednesday I went to the doctor and I was measuring smaller than I had the previous week (not a good sign at all). So, they sent me on Thursday to do a non-stress test on the baby just to make sure everything was ok with him. So, we went and the baby's heart beat/oxygen level looked great. But, when they did the mini-ultrasound she found that I was very low on amniotic fluid - not a good thing at all. I was down to a 4.6 and the normal level is around 8. In Utah they let you get down to a 5 before they will induce you. So, needless to say, they sent me to labor and delivery and I was induced at 5:45 pm on Thursday. Tyson and I were a bit shocked because we thought maybe they would schedule us for the next morning or something like that. But, I literally went from my appointment to home to get my bags and then to the labor and delivery part of the hospital. So, they put in pitossin (I'm not sure on the spelling) and that started my body contracting. Then, once I got up to the highest level, I asked for the epidural. Once I had the epidural I felt really good. But, it seemed as if labor was not progressing very well. So, I was stuck at 4 cm in dilation for lots of hours. Then at about 12:30 am the nurse checked and I was still at a 4. But, about an hour later the nurse checked again and I was at a 10 (fully dilated)!!!! So, I was pretty excited and in a bit more pain, but it was good :) So, I pushed for 2 hours, but the baby was just stuck! My body was so exhausted that I could not do it anymore. What happened was that his head did not turn when coming down the birth canal....so, it was harder for it to come out. So, they ended up calling a doctor in to help the baby out with forceps. By that point, I was just wanting it to be over. I wanted everything to be ok. So, when he got there, the baby came out in just a couple of minutes. So, at 3:54 am David Reed Walker was born. He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He has a bunch of beautiful dark hair and blue eyes (so far). He was so peaceful once he came out. He just looked around and up at Tyson and me :) It was truly a miracle and one of the neatest feelings in the world! So, yeah, I am a mom now! I am pretty tired, but things are going well.

15 comments:

Jade said...

Congratulations Tyson and Janae! I'm glad I'm still on your email list Tyson, or I wouldn't have known you guys were having a baby! He is so cute! David and I are really excited for you. We are having another boy in June - boys are great by the way. :)

Marissa said...

WOW. Reed is absolutely adorable! Aren't newborn babies just so amazing? Enjoy your new baby and parenthood. It really DOES go by fast. It's true...

Marissa (Kravetz) Noe
http://www.missnoeitall.typepad.com

We are... said...

Oh Congratulations! It sounds like things took a while! I'm glad you were able to get through it all okay! Good luck with things...he looks ADORABLE!

Stacey said...

He is so cute. We will come and visit once we are all better. You look great!

taylor said...

Janae he looks so precious! I hope all is well. We sure have been missing you over at the old CHA ;)

Kara said...

Congrats, Janae! He is ADORABLE!

Jared said...

Congrats Janae, I can't believe that everyone is growing up. I guess someday, if I have a kid, people might even say that I am grown up.

Becca said...

He is BEAUTIFUL, Janae! Honestly - he is just perfect. Wow. Congratulations.

And please tell me you donated your hair! :) I remember you doing that in high school if I'm not mistaken. I donated a foot last year. What a fun feeling!

Brianna said...

What an absolutely beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that he's here and that the two of you are doing well. Congrats to the new papa! Hope you get some rest and that you're able to enjoy as much of little Reed as you can!

Annie said...

Oh my! I honestly have to say that I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful new born. Congrats!

kristen said...

What a sweet baby boy! I'm glad you wrote about your birth experience, it's so interesting to hear everyone's unique story! And fun to share your own!! Glad everything turned out well in the end. I can't imagine pushing for 2 hours-yikes.

Emily said...

He is so cute! We are so happy for you. Enjoy holding your little baby, they grow up really fast and don't want to be held like that any more. Let me know what you need.

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's so exciting that you have your own little family now. Amanda and I are excited for you all!

March must be a great month - my sister just had her baby! I'm an uncle!!! YAY!!!

Congrats again, and keep in touch!

Unknown said...

Janae, we are so super happy for you! Mommy-hood is the best. Looking at the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL little boy brought all those first feelings back again (I think we're allowed to call our sons beautiful until their first birthday or so, right? :)

familyof4 said...

Congrats Janae!