June 2012

Friday, October 19, 2012

Miss Fangs and Growing Up

It's hard to believe that kids grow as fast as they do. The first year always boggles my mind. I think they grow the fastest and change the most in that first year. When they are born, the are pretty helpless (other than their ability to cry on their own). By the time they turn 1, they are almost walking, have grown a ton, have tripled in weight (usually), are eating on their own, have a blazing personality, and most definitely have opinions on things. I think the years after that first one only add upon the things that happen in the first year. Just a food for thought. 

Little Miss Aria is growing a ton - well, she is not gaining as much weight as my other 2, but she is still on the right track. I have forgotten to post her recent stats, so here they are:

6-month check-up: 
Weight: 13 lbs, 15 oz. (10%)
Height: 26 in. (60%)
Head Circumference: 16.75 in. (50%)

9-month check-up:
Weight: 15 lbs., 15 oz.  (5%)
Height: 27.25 in. (25%)
Head Circumference: 44 cm.(25-50% - new office in Vegas does it in cm and puts a range- don't know why)

Yes, she is a little thing, there is no denying it. But, she eats more than Reed and Eve and sleeps great! She is hitting all her milestones at the very latest when she is supposed to, usually earlier than is 'normal.' I just have a petite baby. I have come to terms with the fact that she won't be a chunky baby and I love her petite-ness now. She is such a cute little thing! 

One funny thing about Aria's teeth is how they have come in. She got her two bottom, middle teeth first. That was as expected. The next thing I expected was to see her two top, middle teeth come in. Well, I was wrong. Instead the two teeth on either side of the top, middle teeth came in! So, basically it looks like she has fangs (or at least it did for a few months). Yes, I have a vampire baby! I couldn't get a picture for the longest time because she wouldn't smile big enough in pictures, but July 11th I succeeded! Here is cute little Aria on July 11th, showing off her fangs. 

Just being cute

Do you see the fangs?

I zoomed in a little
Another part of my kids growing up is that they can all be in the bath at the same time. This is so much easier for me, but I don't do it until the baby can hold their own in the tub. This can be quite a feat with Reed and Eve trying to take your toys or pour water on you. Well, Aria made and loves bath time with her siblings. I think she is just excited to be a big girl now. She gets to take a bath in a lot more water and more toys. Yahoo!


July 19, 2012 


Another thing that Aria loves is to the play the piano! I am so excited that she already loves to play. Reed and Eve both loved to play at this age as well. Here she is showing off her skills! July 20, 2012

She is already playing with both hands. 

She even turns the page! 

No comments: