June 2012

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Driving across the country and moving in

 As mentioned previously, I did not have to drive across the country this time. I just knew it would be a bad idea for the kidlings to be in a car for that long. Nobody would have been very happy - me definitely included. So, Tyson and his parents got to the drive the roughly 2400 miles.

Since I was not actually there to talk about the drive, I do not have much to say. Maybe someday I can convince Tyson to write about the trip - but he claims it was not super exciting. It was, after all, a lot of driving all day and sleeping in a hotel room at night.

We did get an upgrade on the dolly to pull the car for free, which is always exciting. Tyson and his dad had to wait for a while to get the moving van, so they upgraded the dolly at no extra charge. So, we packed all of this (these are from Tyson's phone):


Into that:


And they drove across the country (again). This is what it looked like:



A few hours later it looked like this:


Here is a stop to change drivers and show off some mountains. :)


 At sunset it still looked like this:


So, yes, a lot of driving behind each other. They left on Monday night and drove a few hours before stopping for the night. They drove all day Tuesday and Wednesday and arrived in Las Vegas on Thursday evening looking tired and glad to finally be out of the cars.

Thursday for me and the kids was a lot of playing with cousins and talking with my mom, sister and sister-in-laws. I was mostly trying to stay awake so that I could adjust to the time change. The kids were happy and played really well together. We were all glad to see daddy when he arrived in Las Vegas.

Friday morning we got the keys to our rental home and moved all our stuff in! It was really nice to have so much family around to help us move our stuff in. It didn't take that long and a lot of our stuff was unpacked within a matter of hours. Of course, I had to do some rearranging, but the help to get boxes unpacked and shelves put together was invaluable! What was the most amazing thing was that it was all girls besides Tyson that did the unloading! We even moved the piano around and carried in super heavy boxes (One of my talents is to be able to pack extremely heavy boxes). Thank you to all who helped!! We could not have done without you!

No comments: