June 2012

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sense of Touch

 February 29, 2012 - Our preschool lesson was about the sense of touch. I started off with some baggies filled with shaving cream. In hindsight, I should have done paint, I just didn't want to pay that much. Ah well. The kids used their fingers to make circles and whatever else they wanted to make.



We were still going over the letter W, so we made some out of sticks and velcro. We took them apart and put them together and it was a lot of fun!


We also felt rice and beans. We talked about what it felt like and the kids LOVED playing with it during free time. Rice and Beans = Always a good sensory activity :)


We even traced our hands to learn how we can touch things.


I also put various objects in socks. I had the kids feel it and guess what was inside. Then, we pulled it out to see if they were right. For the most part, they got them right!


We also played and played and played!



Then, we made our touch turtles. I had a baggie filled with lots of different objects: cotton ball, tulle, rubber band, sand paper, felt leaf, puff balls, velcro, and bendable wire. They glued on the ones they wanted.


Next we had free time and this is what they did:





Another great day of preschool!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I like the shaving cream-in-a-bag idea and the velcro W.

And I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog with everyone on Mommy's hospital bed.