June 2012

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Saying Good-bye

I am a pretty nostalgic person. Things as silly as papers from elementary school evoke emotions and memories. For that reason, it is sometimes hard for me to part with things, even if I haven't thought about them in years.

Recently, I have begun packing to move to Las Vegas. Before the real packing begins, I have to sort through all the stuff we have and throw stuff away. Some of this is easy, but most of it is not. I probably spend way to much time analyzing if I will use it again or whether I should keep it or not. What I really should do is close my eyes and throw it away. I might just start doing that. Once it is gone, I find myself not missing it (usually). It's a work-in-progress definitely. 

I feel better after some of the clutter surrounding me leaves, even though I still get nostalgic. Ah well, that's how life is. I hope I can keep it up. I wish I could afford to throw almost everything away - it might just be a whole lot easier to throw an entire box away not knowing what was really inside. 

I decided if I know I don't need it anymore, but am having a hard time giving it away, I will take a picture of it, so at least I have some record of it and can look at it if I would like. So, here are some of the things that I recently said "Good-bye" to. 


This was unplanned. It is the vase from my best friend's wedding! I still love it and miss it, but it got broken and had a huge crack down the side. So, for safety reasons, I had to throw this one away. 

We got this for Varsity volleyball when I was a junior.

I have never worn it and didn't really intend to, so I gave it away.

This is my club volleyball jacket. I have not worn it since I was in high school, so I said, "Good-bye." 

No comments: