June 2012

Friday, January 28, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas

The rest of Christmas break was fun as well, though I think I only took pictures of one thing (so I will have to blog specifically about thatn one). I did get some pictures from Krystal who was nice enough to snap some shots of Reed and Eve on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve is always a pretty busy day. We went caroling to a few families, ate take-out Chinese food for dinner, then opened our last 12 days of Christmas (which is always pajamas). and drank hot chocolate (well, I didn't because I still couldn't do milk, but everyone else did). Reed was so excited because he got Thomas the Train pajamas! That is one of his 'things' that he loves, along with Lightning McQueen. So, we didn't have to ask him twice to put it on :) Eve got these cute pajamas as well - my favorite are the pair with the alligator/crocodile (I don't know which one) on it that is shown in the picture. She just looks so cute in them :)

After everyone got in their new pjs (parents included - we got pajama pants!), the kids did the nativity scene. Reed was a shepherd and Eve was a very active sheep. :) Vance was Joseph, Mackenzi was Mary, Natalie was the angel, and Kylie was a wiseperson. It ended up being really nice. That is one of my favorite memories of Christmas as a kid - getting all dressed up and acting out the nativity scene. In my family we drew names, so you never knew what you were going to get. The only exception was that whoever played Mary and Joseph had to be that gender. Other than that, it didn't matter. I even had to be the donkey. Good memories :) Now that I am a mom, I hope to be able to continue that tradition with my children. I hope they find it as fun, exciting, and special as I did.

We got the kids off to bed and stayed up a little longer. Then, we headed off to bed.

Christmas morning came all too quickly for me! Reed really didn't know what to expect, but when he saw the tree with all the lights and the present underneath, he was so happy! Our little family opened most of our presents, which is always exciting! We are way too spoiled with Christmas gifts, but I am not complaining :)

Eve's main present was a doll. As soon as I got it out of the package, she just gave it loves and smiled a lot. Reed got a Thomas train plus train tracks from Grandma and Grandpa Walker and (of course) it was a hit! It was probably the most played with thing by everyone throughout the break. Needless to say, he was so excited! They both got clothes, more toys, and music as well. Reed also ended up getting a small Thomas train, a Lightning McQueen car, and a Mater car. Yes, it was the best Christmas ever for him. It was the best Christmas for Eve because she got to play with all the boxes and wrapping paper. Heaven :)

Tyson gave me an ipod nano that also tracks my steps. I am super excited about it. I just need to figure out how long my stride is. Then, I can go running wherever and know how many miles I have gone! I also got a new pot, wooden spoons, cinnamon bears, a measuring tape for my purse, and new socks (I picked them out)!

I got Tyson a portable dvd player that he can hook up his ipod to. I got him a bunch of movies (Black Friday was my friend in getting these for cheap $2-$5), some new sweaters, and new socks.

After we were done, we traveled with Grandma and Grandpa Walker to the other houses, so that they could give their presents to the grandkids. It was fun to see them all open their gifts and be so excited! Then, we went back to their house and the 'kids' got to open their presents. Everyone lucked out - Tifani got all kitchen supplies you could ever want, Kimber got a new sewing machine plus accessories, Adam got a generator (and something else, but I don't remember what), Krystal got a new table and chairs, Jared got a camera (plus some plane flights), and Tyson and I got a new computer!

We spent the rest of the day just lounging about and having a good time together. Again, the Thomas train tracks was very involved, along with lots of games! Fun days!

Always so excited! She loved this heart ornament.

Hi Krystal!

Being such a good and busy little sheep!

Never a cuter shepherd than Reed!

1 comment:

PriceFamily said...

I love those pictures of Eve. I didn't have to bribe her to smile either. She looked up and was just so excited to have her picture taken. It was really fun having you guys here.