June 2012

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Busiest Weekend - Part Sunday

Well, Sunday was just a busy, if not busier, than Saturday. So, while I got a little breather on Saturday night, I spent it preparing for my Relief Society lesson on Sunday (I was asked to sub just for that Sunday).

First off, church started at 8:30 a.m. It is always hard to be on time when church starts at 8:30, but I had to be early. So, yeah, it was a little bit of a process, but it ended up all working out. The sacrament program went well (at least I think it did). I sang in most of the choir numbers and played the Glockenspiel in the other three. I got a lot of compliments on the Glockenspiel - I've decided it's my new favorite instrument. It's easy to play and sounds awesome! :)

I taught the lesson in Relief Society because the old teacher had been called to Primary and not been released from Relief Society teacher. Oops! I ended up teaching on the Sabbath Day. I was a little nervouse because there are so many differing opinions on what it means to honor the Sabbath Day. We stuck to what the manual specifically said about it and ended up having a great discussion! Phew!

After church I came home and started the dinner. My sister, parents, brother and sister-in-law were coming for dinner. Plus, we were having a double birthday celebration for my sister, Kristy, and Eve! Their birthdays are December 22nd and 23rd - so I thought it fitting.

All too soon, it was time for dinner! Everyone got here, we had a great meal and just enjoyed hanging out! Eve experienced her first taste of homemade chocolate cake (no dairy, no soy) and liked it. I wouldn't say that she loved it, but she had a good time. :)

It was great to see Kristy. I had not seen her since August 2009 - too long! She is doing well and almost done with her Bachelor's degree. I wish we would have gotten more time with her, but ah well. Maybe soon!

After dinner, we opened some of our Christmas presents that we were not taking with us - they were just too big! Reed was so excited!!! He loves opening presents! Eve loved ripping the paper! She still loves ripping paper. I think it is a little kid thing. Ripping is just so cool. Reed got a tricycle and Eve got a jogging stroller. They were both ecstatic about the gifts! Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa Walker :)

Reed also got to open a mini-train set from Grandma and Grandpa Rowberry - he loved it! The train goes on the track and spins and turns around. He could have watched it all night :) Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Rowberry.

Eve got to open lots of birthday presents from Grandma and Grandpa Rowberry! She got a dress, a pants outfit, and some hair accessories! She loved it - I think mostly just being able to pull more paper, but she looks fabulous in her little outfits :)

It was only after all of this, and after everyone had left for the evening, that we started packing for our trip to Las Vegas, NV that was happening the next morning! Luckily, our flight was not until 1 p.m.! Wow, what a busy, but enjoyable day!

"Happy Birthday to you...."

She even blew out all 24 candles!



Eve is not quite sure what to make of the whole thing.


She did enjoy the chocolate :)


I love the gold bow - our little birthday girl!


Reed is so excited for his present!


What is it guys?


A box with a picture of a bike! (It took him a minute to realize that there actually was a bike inside)


Eve just loves ripping paper!

Oh, a box!


Must rip all the paper :)


Yeah!


Best stroller ever!

Reed is so excited for the trike/bike!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Laura said...

I thought you were pretty amazing that you also play the glockenspiel, only to find out that you are even MORE amazing because you had to teach yourself to play it in such a short amount of time! You did great.