June 2012

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eve's Baby Blessing

On March 7, 2010 we blessed our sweet little Eve. It was a beautiful blessing and talked a lot about Eve being a light and joy to other people. This has been since she was born and forever before that. She is such a calm and happy baby. When she smiles, she lights up the entire room. She can stare at you with the most intense look and it feels like she can see everything about you. She is truly an amazing person!

Eve was able to be blessed in the dress that I wore for my baby blessing. Actually, all 3 girls in my family have worn it. Shauntelle's girls have all worn it for their blessings and now little Eve. It is a beautiful dress that my mom made. Thanks, mom! Also, we used the last quilt that my great-grandma hand-stitched and a white blanket that Tyson's mom made for Eve. Peggy also contributed a bracelet and shoes. She looked absolutely beautiful. To me it just reflects the beautiful spirit that she has had since forever. I love you, little Eve.

Tyson's parents and oldest sister, Tifani, were able to come out (I will talk about the trip in the next post) from his side. My parents; my brother, Ryan; Ryan's wife, Barbara; my brother, Brandon; Brandon's wife, Kim, and their 7 kids (Tyler, Lanae, Sasha, Coleman, Josh, Alia, and Sawyer) were able to come from my side. It was great to be supported by so many family members! Also, Janet Tanner, her daughter, Melissa, Melissa's husband, and their little boy, Jairus, were able to swing by as well. I call Janet my "Aunt Janet" even though there is no blood relation because she really feels like my Aunt. So, it felt like a family reunion!

As you can guess there are at least 100 pictures from that event. It was really hard to pick and choose, but I did narrow it down a little bit. It is hard when 3 different cameras are taking pictures. Each one gets a new angle and brings out something different. So, there are a ton of pictures of Eve - hope you enjoy it!

Eve looks different in this picture than all the other pictures....so I had to throw it in the mix.

This is my great-gradma's quilt

The bracelet



I know I am not looking at the camera, but it is the only one I got with Eve that wasn't too dark, where I was actually looking up.

So sweet






I love her look......look at those eyes!

My mom made this dress! She is talented!


Wow, what a dress.









I didn't know they took this picture.

Her shoes...

Aunt Tifani

The family...


The whole family that was there (except Ryan and Barb who had to leave early)

Walker side

Grandma and Grandpa Rowberry

Rowberry side

The blessing circle (minus Ryan)

Daddy and Eve

4 comments:

Lindzie said...

Awe I think it's awesome she got to be blessed in the same dress! :) I hope we get to see her soon!

heather said...

What a special day. She is beautiful.

kristen said...

She is a beautiful little girl! That's great that so many family members were able to be there for the blessing. :)

Megan said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there. She looks beautiful!