June 2012

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cookie Messes and Being Crafty

Recently, we have had some Oreo cookies in our house (which is something that never happens) because I made a homemade cheesecake with an Oreo crust (it turned out delicious! I even made homemade raspberry puree and put a few fresh raspberries on each piece. I was very proud. It was my first time doing this). Well, there were and still are some cookies left over, so Reed has had a few and loved them! He mostly enjoys the cream center, but eventually gets around to the cookie part as well. Well, here is what happens when he does.....


I thought his face wuld be much dirtier, but apparently, he just transferred it all to his hands :) (Doesn't he look so grown up?!)


Yes, both of his hands were equally as chocolatey.....he sure had fun!

A couple of Saturdays ago, we had a Relief Society craft day. I had signed up for 3 crafts (yes, very daring for me) even though I am not the craftiest person in the world. I ended up making a baby tutu, an eye spy bag, and a glass Christmas block. It was a ton of fun and my crafts ended up being pretty awesome (by my standards, that it is)!

The baby-sized tutu that I actually made! It is so sparkly and fun! I may have to make one in my size :)

I loved these "eye spy" bags at the school I used to work at and now I officially made one! I felt very accomplished after this craft.

I actually put the Christmas lights inside this glass, square box. I think it turned out pretty cool. I also want to do one with white lights in it. I just think white lights are gorgeous!

3 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

does reed wipe his hands in his hair, that is my boys favorite :) I love the baby tutu, I want to make some so bad, but I need to have a reason first I guess. Is the I spy bag just rice and random items in a clear bag??? looks like fun and great for church!

Kimber said...

Vance loves oreos too!! I must say Reed's face was pretty clean very impressive. And you are impressive too, Mrs. Crafty!

Elisha Jones said...

FUN!!! How do you make the tutu and eye spy bag? Great job on all 3 projects.
Reed's so fun. I'm glad he had a great time eating those cookies!