June 2012

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vegas: Part June

So, June in Las Vegas was spent playing with cousins! Reed had fun with cousins from both sides - Vance, Carter, Natalie, Kylie, and Kenzi on Tyson's side and Mary and Evyn on mine. They played cooking....a favorite of all the kids, surprisingly!

We also went to the Lied's Children Museum. It was totally awesome! I had never been before, so I think I liked it as much as Reed did. We went with Kimber and her boys and Shauntelle and her girls. So, it was a great time discovering lots of cool toys! We even saw a demonstration on liquid nitrogen and got to eat frozen marshmallows after! Treats are my favorite :)

We went to a Russian restaurant and Jared ordered everything in Russian. It was really neat to hear him speak to the lady, but we all decided that it kinda sounds like they are fighting when they speak. I can't imagine what it would sound like if they were actually fighting!

The trip came to an end too soon, but we did get back on the plane and headed back to Virginia. Reed was much happier thia time around because he had his own seat and so when he fell asleep, I could lay him down. He slept for 3 hours! Woo woo!

It was a great trip and we already miss everyone! But, we won't be away for too long!

Cousin coking parties: (L to R) Vance, Kenzi, Mary, Natalie, Kylie, Evyn ....Reed left before I snapped the picture....


Ah.....I got him! Reed in his apron....no, it's not a skirt!

Cousins Vance, Evyn, and Mary fixing the car...

Where did the shirt go? Cousin Evyn had just taken it to wear it in the mechanic part of the museum!


Reed playing with pipes - endless fun for little tikes!

Cousin Mary showing Reed how to sit in the airplane chair....

A career choice? Maybe :) Reed has loved planes since he was teeny, tiny. He was amazed that he could steer the plane - so cool!

One of Reed's favorites at the museum - running water is always a plus for him!

Eating Russian food - I actually really enjoyed it!

My little boy is certainly growing up! I couldn't believe how old he looked in this picture! The flight was so much better since he had his own seat :) He is also starting to purposefully smile for pictures...you just have to tell him to smile and he does this super-cheesy smile.

3 comments:

Lindzie said...

Congrats on baby 2!! I hope you guys are doing well. Did I ever send you an invite to my blog? I made it private a while back...email at klhead@gmail.com with an email address and I'll get you added!

Chris and Mel said...

oh neighbor, neighbor- miss you and your little one, who's not so little anymore!

The Black Widow said...

That makes me want to go to the children's discovery museum...