June 2012

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Parks, Pianos, and Racing

I can't believe that February is almost over - it has just flown by. There have been many exciting things in just the past couple of weeks. First of all, I actually ran in a 10K on Valentine's morning! It was another first for me in preparation for the half-marathon I am running in March. I ended up running the whole 6.2 miles in 57:07 minutes! I was very proud of myself because that is definitely a PR (personal record). I think I ran about a 9:20 mile. So, that was awesome for me :) I want to thank my loyal supporters Tyson, Reed, and Dad! They were cheering me on throughout those 6.2 miles.

Well, the rest of Valentine's was awesome as well! We went to Ryan and Barb's (my bro and sis-in-law) house after the race and just hung out for a while. It is always nice to see them - they are so fun :) For dinner we went to Thai food which has become a little tradition of ours. My meal actually came in half a pineapple! It looked pretty sweet! We had Stake Conference (I still don't know why they chose Valentine's weekend) and I played for a musical number. So, that was our evening. We did watch Superman Returns - my Valentine's gift to Tyson. He really loves Superman :) Tyson sent me flowers the day before Valentine's Day! I loved that they were in bud form, so we are still enjoying the tulips! Pink, Red, and white, some of the best colors in the world. Reed actually got a Valentine's present from Grandma Rowberry, and I think Tyson is a little envious of it. It is a Superman/Batman cape! It's pretty awesome, I won't lie. Reed likes it, but is not really sure what it is yet. However, it will get many years of use, I am sure! Thanks Grandma Rowberry!

In other news, Reed and I were able to go to the park a few times already! Yeah! We both love being outside, and it's a place where Reed can practice going up and down stairs (since we don't have any). We have a little park right by our house, which is way fun. Reed loves the slide, the stairs, and the wood chips :) He could stay for hours probably, if he didn't get hungry. We also went to a park near a friend's house that had swings! Reed thought the swings were so much fun! Again, if he never had to eat, he would have stayed all day long!

Tyson has not been home much this month! It is, after all, busy season for all in the accounting world. So, he usually only sees Reed in the morning. But, on the occasional time when Tyson is not at work (mostly just Sundays), he gets to play with Reed, read with him, and even play the piano with him! It is so much fun!

In a little bit of sad news, I have had to say good bye to a dear friend! For those you who know me, you know that I love friends :) One of my favorite friends is CHOCOLATE! I just love it. Chocolate has seen me through many good, bad, and ugly occasions. Chocolate is always there. But, I decided that since I am trying to be as healthy as possible and train for this half-marathon, I could make it without chocolate for one month. This week was week number 1. I did well and found a more healthy variety of snacks. But, Chocolate, don't worry, you will be sorely missed. At least you are not gone forever :)






The tulips are just beautiful, aren't they?!

Reed and his Superman/Batman cape pushing his Tonka truck (his favorite)

Hey Mom! I can almost fly!

How cool is that cape?!! (I will also take a picture of the Batman side)

Piano time with Daddy..... nothing gets much better!

My Valentine's meal!

A loyal fan :) Thanks, Dad!

My most loyal fans :)

Contrary to the picture, I actually felt really good at the end of the race.

Here I come - I can't believe that I did it!

Reed is so proud of himself for climbing those stairs!

I love this toothy grin :)

OK Mom, I am ready to go down the slide!

Just exploring.....

The stairs

Our little playground

Reed and the wood chips

This swinging thing is pretty cool!

Do it again!

Reading time with Daddy!

9 comments:

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Great job on the 10K. I'm so proud of you!

And we can be no-chocolate buddies. It's been 6 months for me and it gets easier...until the Girl Scouts start delivering Thin Mints.

Chris and Mel said...

hey, who's that guy with reed? he looks vaguely familiar :) too bad about the chocolate- lots of missin out tonight!

heather said...

Awesome job on the 10K!
Also, when I started reading about a good friend of you that was gone...it kind of worried me. Then I read about the chocolate...you kill me. So funny! Good luck with that...I don't think I could do it.

Cami Kidd said...

I just found your blog! Lets be cyber buddies. Send me your email and I'll send you an invite. camijennings@yahoo. Kade will be super happy when I show him.

taylor said...

Janae you're so inspiring! I think I'm going to sign up for a 5k and start training for it. :)

Kami Schultz said...

Way to go on your 10k--that's a great pace! My first half marathon pace was an 11:20 mile. :) Half marathon distance is when I REALLY started to love running, so watch out--chocolate could be permanently replaced...

Stacey said...

Congrats on the 10K. I went straight from nothing to the half-marathon. I'm not a huge fan of running in the cold so I'm really proud of you for doing that. Congrats on the new tooth too. As far as grinding goes...I have no idea. Jules does it too and drives me crazy. I stick my finger in her mouth and tell her to stop and she will, but she's a little older and actually understands.

mama donk aubri jo said...

nice work on the 10k! and on being healthy, kinda funny last night I was on a health website and they were showing things to avoid and I saw the exact same chocolate picture you posted, hmmmm, must be some good chocolate! As always Reed is adorable! good luck on your half marathon!

shiloh said...

Way to go on your running. You look great!