June 2012

Monday, April 8, 2013

February 2013 - Part 1

I forgot to mention that at the end of January (since I was sick and coughing a ton), I popped one of my ribs out of place! I have never done anything like that before (I have never broken a bone, either...knock on wood) and it was ultra painful! Every breath was painful and every cough was pretty much unbearable, even when I had ibuprofen in me. I am one that likes to let my body heal as naturally as possible, so I don't have a lot of medicine in my house. We all take our multi-vitamins and I have some ibuprofen and Tylenol, but that's about it. I don't know why I didn't call the chiropractor earlier - I guess I figured I could be strong for a week and 2 days until my next appointment. Well, I was in pain for that week and 2 days. My cough did get a little better, but I was still hurting bad. 

I went to the chiropractor on February 5th and the healing began. I told him about my rib and he went straight to work. He popped my rib back into place and I immediately felt 80% better. He also recommended this drink called Greens first. I got some and it helped my immune system to get stronger, so my cough went away within days. Tyson also found that this drink gave him energy even when he was tired (there is no caffeine - it is pretty much just vegetables ground up and a mint flavoring and some stevia). Thankfully, I got better and better. I hope my rib never pops out again! 

Other news at the beginning of February: Eve finally decided that it was better to go poops in the potty than in her underwear. Once she made the decision, she has not had a pooping accident! Hurray! It was interesting because she was keeping her diaper dry at night and started sleeping in underwear, but was still hesitant about pooping in the potty. Thankfully, she is over her fear/apprehension/whatever it was and goes cheerfully in the potty. :) 

February 1, 2013
Fridays are a good day because Tyson usually gets home from work earlier than during the week. During busy season this usually holds true as well (although that doesn't mean he gets to see the kids - it just means he usually gets home before 11 p.m.). Thankfully, we all got to see Tyson on February 1st! It was just about bedtime, but the kids got to stay up a little and play with daddy. Happy day!



February 7, 2013 - Another reason I love Las Vegas in the winter. We played outside at the beginning of February and barely needed jackets! Yahoo! It was just me and the girls while Reed was at preschool. We played at Helen Meyer Park. Eve and Aria loved chasing the pigeons. 




February 8, 2013 - Vance turned 6 and we went to Grandma's house for his birthday dinner, cake, ice cream, and a movie! We love living so close to so much family! It's fun to celebrate with everyone. :)




Aria ate her own food and plenty of other people's food as well ! She was in heaven :) 
February 11, 2013 - We made Valentine's decorations today. I loved the hearts because they didn't require any glue (since I used contact paper). The kids could stick on as much or as little tissue paper as they wanted. We hung them up all over the house.




Tyson and I were supposed to do a Valentine's Day date the weekend before Valentine's Day (since it was further away from his work deadline. But, he ended up not being able to go. :( He did bring me home some tulips (love!) and some chocolate! 

I actually got these on Saturday, February 9th. 

Reed's photo shoot: February 11, 2013 - He's getting good! I wonder if he'll want to do this forever :)

Trying to wake Eev up from her nap - the pictures didn't really help. 


Love Aria's face

So sweet


She's growing up so fast!


Reed also wanted a picture of himself. This was his crown from church where he learned that he is a prince, the son of  a Heavenly King. 

February 12, 2013 - We finished making our hearts to hang on the banister. We also put up the rest of the decorations just in time for Valentine's Day. We don't have many, but I thought our decorations were cute.




No comments: