June 2012

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3rd Time's the Charm

Yes, I am still updating April, so here it is!

The month of April was filled with lots of fun activities.

First and foremost, we had our 20-week ultrasound on Friday, April 1st! Baby looks strong and healthy (and they also noted that baby has long legs...always a bonus!) and is a little girl! Look out Reed, 2 little sisters to deal with - poor guy :) We are really excited that everything with the baby looks great developmentally! Yes, there is still just 1 baby (despite my dreams of having twins without me knowing). The only thing that is a potential risk is that my placenta was a little low. I actually get to go in for another ultrasound in a few weeks to make sure it has moved up. It is always exciting for me because then I get to see the baby bigger! I will keep the updates coming. 

The next fun activity came in stages - 3 stages, in fact - and that was the cherry blossoms. This year is was predicted that they would be in peak form just before April. So, the beginning of the Cherry Blossom festival was the last weekend in March. We decided to check out our favorite spot: Kenwood. Unfortunately, there was pretty much nothing there because a sudden cold fron hit. We did not even take one picture nor did we get out of our car. We drove by and shook our heads, then headed back home.

We tried again April 2nd and the result was better, but not fabulous:

This is how pictures turn out when Tyson doesn't warn me.

Still pretty flowers, just so many that still had not bloomed.

Eve still enjoyed herself.

Nothing spectacular (comparing from previous years)

Reed was also less than impressed.

If you look, the blossoms are not pink yet...which means they are still blooming.

I think this was the most bloomed tree we found.

The third stage came on April 7th, when I decided to take the kids and give it one last try. The result was much better than the first two. I guess the third time really is the charm :) Too bad Tyson couldn't be there to enjoy it with us.

See the pink?! So much prettier

Almost all the blossoms had bloomed, so that was a good sign.

Eve had a great time yet again. If only she would have looked up.

Much better
My camera died before I could get some really great pictures, but ah well. We ended up playing at the neighborhood playground for a while and then heading back home for lunch. It was a pretty productive day!

No comments: